Raw Carrot Cookie Dough Bites
Author: Raina Cordell
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 16 cookie dough bites
This is a fun and easy recipe, adapted from a similar one found at www.alive.com. These delicious and energy packed balls are sure to be a hit with young and old alike! Packed with nutritious and wholesome ingredients and flavoured using essential oils, you can be sure that you are giving your body a healthy snack that will leave you coming back for more!
- 1 cup gluten-free organic rolled oats
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Medjool dates
- 4 dried apricots
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 drops of doTERRA cinnamon essential oil
- 1-2 drops of doTERRA cardamom essential oil
- 1 drop of doTERRA ginger essential oil
- 1 drop of doTERRA clove essential oil
- 1 drop of doTERRA black pepper essential oils (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse together dates, apricots, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until well combined and dates and apricots have been chopped into small pieces.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add rolled oats, coconut flour, hemp hearts, carrot, and essential oils.
- Process again until well combined and mixture becomes sticky.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Coat each ball in shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 1-2 hours or eat right away for a softer treat.
- These cookie dough bites can also be frozen in an airtight container (allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before consuming).