Lemon Poppyseed Broccoli Salad
Here is an easy summer recipe that the whole family can enjoy! Typically, broccoli salads have lemon juice as a main ingredient in the dressing, but this healthy version uses lemon oil instead. The addition of lemon essential oil adds a unique burst of flavour that will have you reaching for seconds! This dish works great as a side dish, to take along to a potluck with your friends, or even as your main meal if you're looking for a light and delicious entree for those hot summer days.
- 2 heads fresh broccoli or one large bag of pre-chopped broccoli
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup toasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup full-fat mayo (or vegan alternative)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppyseed
- 2-4 drops of Lemon essential oil
- Wash the broccoli and remove the stems before cutting it into very small pieces.
- Add the cranberries, almonds, toasted sunflower seeds, and shredded carrots to the bowl with the broccoli.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, red wine vinegar, honey, lemon oil (alternatively you can blend this in a magic bullet).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in the poppyseeds.
- Toss the dressing with the salad and place in the fridge to marinate for 15-30 minutes.